Friday, October 7, 2011

[video] CO Radio Host And Former House Candidate Compares Michelle Obama To Chewbacca

A conservative radio host in Colorado told a story on air about how someone made a comment about Chewbacca, and everyone in the room knew the reference was to Michelle Obama. "Everyone drew the conclusion. And I've tested it -- I've done group testing and I've said if I say Chewbacca what do you think?" Jimmy Lakey of 740 KVOR in Colorado Springs recently related a story where he was at a "cigar establishment," and "someone used the phrase Chewbacca and everyone knew, or assumed who this person was talking about." Chewbacca, of course, is the famous Wookiee from the "Star Wars" franchise. Immediately before this story, Lakey had been talking about Michelle Obama, and how his wife had made a comment about her clothing and compared her to a "halfback." He said of the Chewbacca comment: "I have never used it on my own. I think this is crass and a little bit much." Amid guffaws, Lakey added: "Chewbacca! I didn't say it! No! I will not take the heat on this. I did not call her Chewbacca. No. I get in trouble. My wife, when I told her this, she yelled at me. I thought it was kind of funny." But, he added that everyone in the room "drew the conclusion" after the Chewbacca comment. "And I've tested it -- I've done group testing and I've said if I say Chewbacca what do you think." After mocking Obama's clothing on-air, he added: "I know that's cruel but it's OK - it's cruel for her to talk about my hamburgers that I want to eat all the time." Here's part one of the audio, via Bigmedia.org:
On Colorado Springs radio station KVOR (740-AM) Aug. 14, talk-show host Jimmy Lakey discusses whether Michele Obama looks like Chewbacca, the ape-like character in Star Wars movies. Part 1 of 2 parts.
Part two:
On Colorado Springs radio station KVOR (740-AM) Aug. 14, talk-show host Jimmy Lakey discusses whether Michele Obama looks like Chewbacca, the ape-like character in Star Wars movies. Part 2 of 2 parts.
In another recent incident, Lakey drew the attention of local media after he "laughed uproariously when a caller named "Brenda" said to him during his show, 'I'm not real fond of her. I think that she was one of the main characters in 'Planet of the Apes,'" according to the Colorado Springs Gazette. Lakey ran for Congress in 2010 against Dem Rep. Ed Perlmutter, in Colorado's 7th district. He eventually dropped out of the race, but not before he got the endorsement of former Rep. Tom Tancredo, who praised Lakey as being tough enough on immigration for Tancredo's purposes. "I am pleased to say that Jimmy Lakey is NOT a McCain-Graham Republican. Jimmy is cut from a different cloth. He is not one of the 'Amnesty Brothers,'" Tancredo said in a fundraising letter. h/t Denver's Latest Word blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment